Effective Date: 11/18/2020
1. Information We Collect
In most cases, we collect Personal Information directly from you. However, we may also obtain Personal Information about you from third parties or automatically when you interact with our business.
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from the Services if that information is necessary to provide such Services or if we are legally required to collect it. Below is a description of the different types of Personal Information we process and the sources from which we obtain them:
- Customer. The type of information we collect from our customers varies and may include information about:
- Contact information, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number;
- Names, postal addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom you ask us to send information;
- Username and password to access our products and services online;
- Payment information (such as payment card details, financial account information and billing address);
- Online order history;
- Information about your education, work and military history, legal work eligibility status, and other information relevant to specific jobs for which you may apply; and
- Other personal information you may provide to us.
- Business partners and vendors. We may receive contact details and payment information from business partners’ and vendors’ employees in furtherance of the relevant partner or vendor relationship.
- Events. We collect Personal Information about you if you choose to register for an event sponsored by us. This Personal Information may include your name, address, title, company, phone number, and email address, as well as specific information relevant to the event for which you are registering.
- Communications. If you choose to contact us for any purpose, we will collect your contact details, your name, and the content, date and time of your message, as well as our reply and any follow up action we take in relation to your inquiry.
- Job applicants. If you apply for a job with us via our website, you will be asked to enter or upload personal information including, but not limited to, your first and last name, resume, phone, and email address. You may also provide additional personal information if you submit a job application at one of our restaurants including, but not limited to, employment history, references and educational background.
- Other sources. We may receive Personal Information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers, or prevent or detect fraud. We may also receive information about you from social media platforms, for example when you interact with us on those platforms or access our social media content. The information we may receive is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the relevant social media platform, and we encourage you to review them.
2. Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Google Analytics to collect information about how you use our Services. We use this information to create reports and improve our Services. The cookies help us understand the number of visitors to our website and where visitors come from. To learn more about how Google uses data when you use our Services, visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. To opt-out from these cookies across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Most web browsers allow you to manage cookies through the browser settings. Be aware that, if you opt out from and do not agree to certain cookies, your experience on our Services may be diminished and some features may not work as intended depending on the cookie. To find out more about cookies, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
3. Use of Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the follow purposes:
- To provide services to our customers, including.
- For marketing purposes, including to send alerts, newsletters and other communications to our customers and business contacts.
- To manage our business relationships with customers, vendors and suppliers, business partners and other contractors, including processing invoices and sending service-related communications.
- For recruitment purposes, including to evaluate job applications and invite you for a job interview.
- To communicate with you, and respond to your inquiries.
- For other business purposes, such as to provide, operate and improve our products and services, perform data analyses, detect, prevent, and respond to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement, defend our legal rights, and comply with our legal obligations and internal policies.
4. Legal grounds for using Personal Information
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we only process your Personal Information when we can rely on a valid legal ground such as:
- Execution of a Contract. We need your Personal Information to provide you with our Services, to operate our website, to evaluate your job application or to otherwise respond to your queries.
- Compliance with a Legal obligation. We are required or allowed to collect and use your Personal Information, for example to detect fraud or to comply with our tax, accounting and anti-money laundering obligations.
- Legitimate interest. We or a third party, have a legitimate interest in processing your Personal Information. For example, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to conduct business analytics or to improve the safety, security and performance of our products and services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example to send you newsletters or for the use of certain cookies.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information about you as described below:
- With affiliates, subsidiaries, offices and representatives around the world as needed to provide legal services. With third party contractors engaged by us in the course of business (e.g., accountants, insurance companies, banks, auditors, legal counsel and other professional experts, advisors and/or consultants engaged by us).
- With government agencies, regulators or courts, as required by applicable law and/or in the context of legal proceedings.
- As necessary to provide services to our clients.
- With event partners or co-sponsors.
- With vendors and service providers who perform services on our behalf, including dealers, distributors, marketing and research agencies, with whom we have a direct contractual relationship.
- If you post other information to our website or mobile application, such as comments, that information may be displayed and viewable by other users.
- If you gave us your permission, or if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to (i) comply with laws, law enforcement requests, and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; or (iii) protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- In case of merger, sale, or other asset transfers.
6. Your Rights and Choices
Depending on applicable law, you may have some rights and choices with respect to your Personal Information. Those rights may be limited by local law requirements. You may exercise these rights by contacting us as specified below.
- Events. To update or correct the information you provide to us via our website for an event sponsored by us, you may contact the event coordinator via email or telephone. You may also re-submit your Personal Information through the website by re-registering for the event.
- Marketing. We allow you to opt out of future communications at any time by following the opt-out instructions contained in such communications.
- European privacy rights. If you are located in the European Economic Area, you may have the following rights to the extent provided by law:
- Request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have the information deleted, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- Withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information, at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
- California Privacy Rights. If you reside in California and have provided your Personal Information to us, you may request information once per calendar year about our disclosures of certain categories of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, if any. Please see the “Rights For California Residents” section below for more information on your rights and how to submit a request.
7. International Data Transfers
We are a business with a corporate office in Burbank, CA. Your Personal Information may be transferred to countries that do not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. If you are located in the European Economic Area, we rely on contracts approved by the European Commission to transfer your Personal Information to our offices around the globe. In addition, we may transfer your Personal Information:
- To countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection of Personal Information by the European Commission;
- To partners and vendors by relying on contracts approved by the European Commission;
- To U.S. based partners and vendors certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield framework. You may contact us to obtain a copy of the safeguards we use to transfer Personal Information outside the European Economic Area.
8. Links to Other Websites
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Information in our possession. However, because no information system can be 100% secure, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
10. Data Retention
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period.
11. Changes to This Policy
12. Contact Us
Join the Franchise
Authentic ramen and a great investment can be hard to find. But at JINYA Ramen Bar, we have both.